What do you want to support?
Gifts that support students provide access for many who might otherwise not have a chance to attend UC Davis. Declining state funding, increased tuition and economic uncertainty are just some of the factors that weigh heavily on students and their families. Student support can help relieve these burdens.
- Undergraduate student scholarship
- Graduate fellowship
- Experiential learning opportunities, such as an internship or research award
Gifts allow faculty members to explore the boundaries of science that may not yet be recognized by traditional granting agencies, resulting in groundbreaking work and innovation. They also provide start-up funding for new faculty and help us retain our most successful scientists.
- Faculty fellowship, professorship, chair or deanship
- Start-up or research funding
- Speaker series
Programs and facilities
Gifts that support programs and facilities strengthen academic and student programs, enhance our interdisciplinary tradition and help UC Davis better serve our local and global communities. A gift directed to an academic department or program allows the chair or director to address pressing financial needs, such as new faculty start-up funding, equipment replacement and lab refurbishment.
- Unrestricted support for an academic department, program or center
- Naming a classroom, laboratory, facility, or a new or existing building
- Facility funds to provide upgraded irrigation systems, technology infrastructure or equipment
- Laboratory or facility equipment (in-kind gifts)