UC Davis is a global leader in establishing research partnerships with businesses, industries and entrepreneurs throughout the world.
UC Davis stands above other universities in its multidisciplinary research that brings together leading faculty from across campus and across the nation to tackle emerging issues and industry-driven needs.
- Developing food safety partnerships with leafy-green growers
- Technology transfer and economic development–through patents, licensing, and entrepreneurship
- Developing insect-resistant grape varieties for sustaining California’s wine industry
- Establishing air quality standards with the Central Valley dairy industry
- Growing California’s vibrant seed industry to support the state’s essential agricultural industry
- Building world-class research and teaching facilities such as the LEED Platinum winery, brewery, and food- and milk-processing facilities
Opportunities for partnering industries:
- Use of our world-class, LEED platinum research facilities
- Sponsored research programs
- Faculty and researcher exchange programs
- Student internship opportunities
- Employee education
- New faculty development grants to help starting faculty establish innovative research
- Endowed chairs to address critical research areas and long-term viability
- Research on, and production of, clean plant materials for agricultural production
UC Davis’s combination of research, teaching and industry outreach are proven drivers of the California economy and help solve society’s critical issues.