Get your first quarter started
Welcome! There is a lot to learn before you start your first class and we are here to help! As a student in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, you will have access to dean’s office advisors, major advisors, and peer advisors to help you throughout your time at UC Davis – from orientation until graduation. Make sure to check back as we're constantly adding more information. In order to get your first quarter off to a smooth start, please complete the following steps:
Schedule your Aggie Advising appointment here and make sure to attend the in-person Aggie Orientation on January 2 and 8, 2022. You will meet fellow CA&ES students, faculty, and staff who make up your network of support at UC Davis. You’ll also have the chance to show your college pride, get your last-minute questions answered, and have tons of fun!
- Step 1: Complete Aggie 101
- Log on to your MyAdmissions checklist and follow the instructions on how to complete Aggie 101. Aggie 101 will introduce you to the basics of what you need to know as a UC Davis student.
- Step 2: Attend a CA&ES webinar
- This recorded required webinar will introduce you to your major and give you tips on how to prepare for your first advising appointment. Schedule your Aggie Advising appointment after you’ve watched your webinar.
- Step 3: Take placement exams for your major/college requirements
- Step 4: Review AP or IB charts
- If you took Advanced Placement (AP) and/or International Baccalaureate (IB) exams while in high school, check your scores to see if you receive credit toward a specific course or requirement.
- Step 5: Schedule your Aggie Advising appointment
- Schedule your first advising appointment with your major advisor. We recommend that this appointment happen after watching your major webinar and before your Pass 1 appointment. Your major advisor will help you plan your first quarter schedule.
- Step 6: Prepare for your Aggie Advising appointment
The following tools and resources will help you plan your first quarter and prepare you for your advising appointment.
Aggie Advising Prep Questionnaire This questionnaire can help you think about what you would like to discuss with your advisor. Your advisor will also have access to the questionnaire where they can learn more about you and what you’d like to discuss. To access the questionnaire, log on to OASIS and search under “Forms and Petitions”
College and Major websites Learn more about placement exams, degree requirements, registration, resources, and more. You can also find information specific to your major.
- Step 7: Complete "Life as An Aggie" activity
See how current and former students describe their experiences of coming to college. Then, reflect on your own thoughts and feelings about coming to UC Davis. Your thoughts will help give future students a better idea of what to expect, helping to improve their transition.
Please complete the Life as an Aggie activity.
- Step 8: Register for classes
Check Schedule Builder for your Pass 1 date and time. Registration for freshman and transfer students runs from November 1-12.
Visit the Office of the University Registrar’s Calendar for more information.
- Step 9: Attend CA&ES Aggie Orientation Events
Find information about winter aggie orientation schedule online. You will meet fellow CA&ES students, faculty, and staff who make up your network of support at UC Davis. You’ll also have the chance to show your college pride, get your last-minute questions answered, and have tons of fun!
- Step 10: Have a great first day of instruction!
- First day of instruction is Monday, January 3, 2022. You got this!