Get your first quarter started
Welcome! There is a lot to learn before you start your first class and we are here to help! As a student in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CA&ES), you will have access to dean’s office advisors, major advisors, and peer advisors to help you throughout your time at UC Davis – from orientation until graduation. Make sure to check back as we're constantly adding more information. In order to get your first quarter off to a smooth start, please complete the following steps:
- Step 1: Complete Aggie 101
- Log on to your MyAdmissions checklist and follow the instructions on how to complete Aggie 101. Aggie 101 will introduce you to the basics of what you need to know as a UC Davis student.
- Step 2: Complete Aggie Advising course
- Log in to your UC Davis Canvas account and complete the Aggie Advising course for CA&ES. We recommend you complete the course before class registration.
- Step 3: Take placement exams for your major/college requirements
- Step 4: Review AP or IB charts
- If you took Advanced Placement (AP) and/or International Baccalaureate (IB) exams while in high school, check your scores to see if you receive credit toward a specific course or requirement.
- Step 5: Check in
- Now that you've completed the Aggie Advising course in Canvas (step 2), take a moment to assess how ready you are for Pass 1 class registration. If you're ready to go, that's great! But if you have questions, reach out to your major advisor and/or the CA&ES Dean's office via email or call us at 530-752-0108.
During this time, you should also check out your major's website. Look for any upcoming virtual events happening in either June or July and familiarize yourself with your major's resources.
Now is a good time, to get in the habit of checking your UC Davis email regularly as you'll start seeing messages from CA&ES, your major and other campus resources.
- Step 6: Complete "Life as an Aggie" activity
See how current and former students describe their experiences of coming to college. Then, reflect on your own thoughts and feelings about coming to UC Davis. Your thoughts will help give future students a better idea of what to expect, helping to improve their transition.
Please complete the Life as an Aggie activity.
- Step 7: Register for classes
Check Schedule Builder for your Pass 1 date and time. Registration for freshman starts on July 18 and transfer students starts on August 15.
Visit the Office of the University Registrar’s Calendar for more information.
- Step 8: Attend Family Chats
- Invite your guardians to join you for CA&ES Family Chats, a one-time virtual event that highlights your upcoming academic journey and connects you with resources to help you succeed. This event is also a great opportunity to get any last minute questions answered.
- Step 9: Attend CA&ES Aggie Orientation Events
Find information about your Aggie Orientation schedule online. You will meet fellow CA&ES students, faculty, and staff who make up your network of support at UC Davis. You’ll also have the chance to show your college pride, get your last-minute questions answered and have tons of fun!
- Step 10: Have a great first day of instruction!
- First day of instruction is Wednesday, September 21. You got this!