Welcome! CA&ES has an entire team of academic advisors dedicated to guiding you through your unique UC Davis experience.
What do advisors do? Simply put, we are here to help you achieve your educational goals. Whether you are interested in research, want to graduate in a certain amount of time, or plan to do an internship, the CAES Advising Team is here to support you. CAES also has an International Academic Counselor that coordinates efforts on behalf of international students in your college. The International Academic Counselor is Brad Horton.
The CAES Advising Team can assist you with:
- Understanding your degree requirements
- Course planning for your first year
- How the University grading system works and classroom expectations
- Transfer credit for courses, AP/IB credit, A-level exams, etc.
- Identifying opportunities outside of the classroom
New International Students
Are you a new international student? If so, you can find important information about how to prepare for your first quarter here: New International Student Information.
International Academic Advising Workshops
All first year international students are required to attend an International Academic Advising Workshop. These workshops give you a chance to ask your advisors questions and talk to fellow international students and provide you with the information and resources you need to be successful and reach your goals at UC Davis.
Academic Advising Appointments
The CAES Advising team is available for individual appointments throughout the entire year. Appointments for current students can be scheduled online: https://appointments.ucdavis.edu
We also encourage you to use OASIS, the Online Advising Student Information System. Here you can find information specific to you, including:
- Student Information
- Important Dates and Appointments
- Drop deadlines and Pass/No Pass deadlines
- Academic Record
- Courses (including transfer coursework)
- General Education requirements you have completed
- GPA Charts and Tools
For additional information and resources please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions by International Students page.