32nd Annual College Celebration
For more than 30 years, we’ve enjoyed celebrating the advancement and accomplishments of our college and its impact on agriculture, the environment and social and human needs. We’ve thoroughly enjoy handing out the Award of Distinction, treating guests to the farmers market graciously donated by alumni and friends of the college, and catching up with all of you.
This year, College Celebration and Award of Distinction will be held separately on different dates. Our Award of Distinction event will be on Friday, October 29, 2021 at the Walter A. Buehler Alumni Center.
Registration is now available below.
College Celebration will take place at a later date in 2022.
2021 Award of Distinction Registration
5:30 - 8 p.m.
Walter A. Buehler Alumni Center (map)
Click here for a look at the past Award of Distinction recipients.
Julie Klein, Engagement Manager
Phil Schwartz, Assistant Director Alumni & Volunteer Engagement
2022 Award of Distinction Nominations
Nominations for the 2022 Award of Distinction will be available in February 2022. You may nominate an outstanding alumni, young alumni, friend, faculty, emeriti faculty and/or staff below.
Nomination Deadline: April 1, 2022
Recipients Announced: July 2022
Ways to Nominate
Deadline: Thursday, April 1, 2022
- Complete the online nomination form here.
- E-mail or mail to:
- Julie Klein
College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Dean's Office
150 Mrak Hall
University of California, Davis
Davis, CA 95616-8571
Phone: (530) 752-2120
- Julie Klein
Nominator's Submission Checklist
- Complete the Award of Distinction nomination form. Deadline: April 1, 2022
- In a separate attachment, describe the nominee's excellence in leadership, achievement, support, and/or meritorious service that benefits or brings distinction to the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, specifically documenting your nominee's unique qualifications.
- At least one letter of support to second the nomination is requested with contact information of author.
- No more than five support letters will be reviewed.
Please ensure the letters:
- Define the nominee's relationship with the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.
- Identify the nature of the relationship the author has with the nominee.
- Provide a comprehensive view of the nominee's contributions. A variety of perspectives can be helpful.
- Describe how the nominee has exceeded what was required to achieve his or her current success.
- Attach the nominee's résumé or curriculum vitae (CV), if available. (If you must break confidentiality to gain this document, please submit without the resume or CV.)
- Please make sure the nominees, nominators, and those writing the letters of support all have contact information included in the nomination packet.
For help completing your nomination or for a hard-copy form, contact Julie Klein.
NOTE: These awards are highly competitive. Please make every effort to keep the nomination confidential from your nominee.