32nd Annual College Celebration
For more than 30 years, we’ve enjoyed celebrating the advancement and accomplishments of our college and its impact on agriculture, the environment and social and human needs. We’ve thoroughly enjoy handing out the Award of Distinction, treating guests to the farmers market graciously donated by alumni and friends of the college, and catching up with all of you.
We still plan to move forward with a modified 2021 College Celebration in October 2021.
We will continue to accept nominations for the Award of Distinction. You may nominate an outstanding alumni, young alumni, friend, faculty, emeriti faculty and/or staff below. As for the nominations that were received in 2020, we will automatically move those forward to this year’s event.
2021 Award of Distinction Nominations
Nomination Deadline: April 1, 2021
Recipients Announced: July 2021
Ways to Nominate
Deadline: Thursday, April 1, 2021
- Complete the online nomination form here.
- E-mail or mail to Julie Klein
College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Dean's Office, 150 Mrak
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616-8571
Phone: (530) 752-2120
Nominator's Submission Checklist
- Complete the Award of Distinction nomination form. Deadline: April 1, 2021
- In a separate attachment, describe the nominee's excellence in leadership, achievement, support, and/or meritorious service that benefits or brings distinction to the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, specifically documenting your nominee's unique qualifications.
- At least one letter of support to second the nomination is requested with contact information of author.
- No more than five support letters will be reviewed.
Please ensure the letters:
- Define the nominee's relationship with the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.
- Identify the nature of the relationship the author has with the nominee.
- Provide a comprehensive view of the nominee's contributions. A variety of perspectives can be helpful.
- Describe how the nominee has gone over and above what was required to achieve his or her current success.
- Attach the nominee's résumé or curriculum vitae (CV), if available. (If you must break confidentiality to gain this document, please submit without the resume or CV.)
- Please make sure the nominees, nominators, and those writing the letters of support all have contact information included in the nomination packet.
For help completing your nomination or for a hard-copy form, contact Julie: (530) 341-4397 or email@example.com
NOTE: These awards are highly competitive. Please make every effort to keep the nomination confidential from your nominee.
Click here for a look at the past Award of Distinction recipients.
Coming in August 2021.