Take the UC Davis Give Day challenge.
The College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences is working hard to address critical issues with food, water, energy, climate change and human health to improve our quality of life and to support the public good.
We have earned our reputation as a world leader in the agricultural, environmental and human sciences through our unwavering commitment to the land-grant system of research, teaching and extension. It’s a system that has proven its worth to society and has only gotten stronger with time.
An indispensable part of our success is the growing community of individuals who believe in what we do and who are willing to support us financially. This support enhances student experiences with special hands-on opportunities, allows our faculty to be innovative, and builds first-class facilities for academic programs and public involvement.
Any time is a good time to show support for CA&ES, but this spring there is a special opportunity. Starting April 20, we will be participating in the second annual UC Davis Give Day. This is a focused effort that coincides with our annual rite of spring, Picnic Day.
Several individuals and organizations have come forward with challenge gifts that will be made once matching donations reach a certain threshold. These challenge gifts encourage support for specific funds, including the UC Davis Brewing Science Advisory Board Challenge for the Charlie Bamforth Brewing Science Fund and the Museum of Wildlife and Fish Biology Challenge from an anonymous donor. We also extend our thanks to:
- David and Susan Slaughter for supporting the SmartFarm at UC Davis Challenge
- Max and Denise Rothschild for supporting the Research and Innovation Fellowship for Agriculture (RIFA) in sub-Saharan Africa Challenge
- Yolo Federal Credit Union for supporting the Managerial Economics Scholarship Challenge
- Charlotte Harvey for supporting the Ecogeomorphology Challenge
- Kamaljeet and Ravinder Khaira for supporting two challenges: The College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Experiential Learning Fund and the Ted Bradshaw Engaged Student Scholarship
- Barrett S. Caldwell, PhD, for supporting the McNairs Scholars Program Challenge
Please join us in supporting UC Davis on Give Day—help us meet one of the challenges or select your favorite program or department. Your gift, no matter the size, can have a tremendous influence on the science and research being developed to support agriculture and feed our communities, promote an equitable, healthy society, and meet environmental challenges in California and beyond. We have the foundation and creativity in place to ensure your support goes to a program, research or issue you care about. Together we are making the world a better place.