Ranked #1 in the U.S. and #2 in the world for agricultural sciences and forestry by QS World University Rankings
Ranked #1 in the world in plant and animal sciences by U.S. News & World Report
Ranked #1 in agricultural economics and policy research by the Center for World University Rankings
Ranked #1 in value for animal behavior and ethology studies by College Factual
Ranked #11 for best animal science schools by College Factual
Ranked #15 by QS World University Rankings for environmental studies
Ranked among the top 10 in horticulture, biodiversity education, ecology, toxicology, environmental sciences, soil science, agronomy, entomology, and nutrition
Faculty in the UC Davis Department of Wildlife, Fish and Conservation Biology ranked #1 in the nation for research productivity and impact
- 381 faculty members
- 725 staff members
- 7,485 undergraduates in 29 majors
- 1,040 graduate students in 22 graduate groups and programs
- 9 of our faculty are National Academy of Sciences members
- 3 of our faculty are American Association for the Advancement of Sciences Fellows
- 85 new senate faculty hired in last five years
- 12 specialists in Cooperative Extension hired in last five years
Our research contributes to the livelihood of farmers, environmentalists, ranchers, conservationists, rural, suburban and city dwellers in California and worldwide.
2,300 acres devoted to agricultural research and teaching
305 Active U.S. Patents
Our college is a global leader in establishing research partnerships with businessses, industries and entrepreneurs throughout the world.
CA&ES received $153 million in research funding for fiscal year 2020-21
Awards and Fellows
- 3 faculty are American Association for the Advancement of Sciences Fellows and 9 are National Academy of Sciences members.
- UC Davis is among the most published and cited U.S. research universities in agricultural sciences, plant and animal sciences, environment/ecology, food science and nutrition, and soil sciences.