Ranked #1 in the U.S. and #2 in the world for agricultural sciences and forestry by QS World University Rankings
Ranked #1 in the world in plant and animal sciences by U.S. News & World Report
Ranked #1 in agricultural economics and policy research by the Center for World University Rankings
Ranked #4 by College Factual for best business/managerial economics colleges in the U.S.
Ranked among the top 7 in horticulture, biodiversity education, ecology, toxicology, environmental sciences, soil science, agronomy, entomology, and nutrition
Faculty in the UC Davis Department of Wildlife, Fish and Conservation Biology ranked #1 in the nation for research productivity and impact
- 381 faculty members
- 800 staff members
- 7,485 undergraduates in 29 majors
- 1,040 graduate students in 22 graduate groups and programs
- 8 of our faculty are National Academy of Sciences members
- 33 of our faculty are American Association for the Advancement of Sciences members
- Active new faculty recruitment underway–75 new faculty hired in last four years (59 professors and 16 specialists in Cooperative Extension)
Our research contributes to the livelihood of farmers, environmentalists, ranchers, conservationists, rural, suburban and city dwellers in California and worldwide.
2,300 acres devoted to agricultural research and teaching
138 Active U.S. Patents
Our college is a global leader in establishing research partnerships with businessses, industries and entrepreneurs throughout the world.
Awards and Fellows
- Our researchers generate more than $140,000,000 in government, corporate and foundation awards.
- 33 faculty are American Association for the Advancement of Sciences Fellows and 8 are National Academy of Sciences members.
- UC Davis is among the most published and cited U.S. research universities in agricultural sciences, plant and animal sciences, environment/ecology, food science and nutrition, and soil sciences.
UC Davis is highly ranked in the nation and the world, according to influential university ranking publications like U.S. News & World Report (national and global), QS World University Rankings, the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and The Princeton Review.